Monday, November 30, 2009

I got our Advent calendar ready just in time for the first Sunday of Advent. Here are some pics. Sorry for the poor photo quality. The only camera I have is on my cellphone.








I used the top to a wooden cheese box. I painted the spiral with some metallic blue acrylic paint I got for the papier mache prayer bowls we made last year. Along the spiral are upturned acorn caps, one for each day leading up to Christmas. Inspired by the poem shared here, this week we added gems, stones and shells. Each week we will add a new element to the spiral. Each day we add a new wool "flame" to the next acorn cap. Not pictured are Mary and Joseph, borrowed from the girls' wooden toys. They will proceed around the spiral, making their way towards the candle in the middle.

There ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment