Friday, December 4, 2009

My husband generally doesn't read my blog, bless his heart. Dan, if you're reading this STOP! WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER! Or at least hit the back button...


Ok. Now with that out of the way, I can share with the rest of you what we've been up to.

Tonight we made beer soap. Dan likes his beer. He also likes to take baths. Generally, he never involves his beer with his baths, but now he can.

It was the first time I made soap with the girls. I chopped the soap, Fidget greased the muffin tin, Bookie ground the oats with the mortar and pestle. Little Man watched. It was nice working with short people. They could easily see into the microwave and alert me to any boil overs. The soap turned out nice, a creamy light brown color. We've hidden them in the cabinet to set over night. Tomorrow, we'll wrap them up.

I'm toying with the idea of making batches with different kinds of beer and using mini muffin tins as molds. I could wrap them up individually and sell them at the store as stocking stuffers. I've read that citrus scents work well in beer soap. I'd like to try different combinations of beer and scents to see what works best. Should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment