Monday, December 7, 2009

Preparing for the Christmas party

Well, I said I would introduce you to Fidget and Dan-o, but that will have to wait til another day. I didn't get to play much with the camera today. Today was our rush day: out of bed, breakfast, dressed, out the door to get groceries, home, groceries in, our car to the shop, Dan off to work. I hate rushing, so I'm just going to stop there. Once is enough.

I did begin getting things together for the children's Christmas party this Saturday. This year the children will be reminded that Jesus' birth is the reason we celebrate. Since it's Jesus' birthday, we will have them consider what "gifts" we could give to him. The kids will then have an opportunity to create cards, which will be mailed to our military members; gift baskets, which will be delivered to our shut-ins; and a Christingle, which will go home with them to remind them of Jesus' love for our world. Then we'll gather and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus, have cake and go home. We'll also be collecting food for the county food bank. Oh yes, and because all of our crafts are biodegradable or recycled, we're taking care of God's creation!

I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment