Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm determined

Our cloth diapering adventure is going well. I dug around today and found our other diaper covers. That brings the total up to three. I don't have enough medium prefolds to get me through the day, but I found that I can use the large ones just as well if I flip the end over. Working well.

So, over the last two days I have used a total of four disposable diapers. That's a significant reduction.

The problem we're facing now is laundry. The drain line from our washing machine is frozen. Instead of the water draining out, it shoots up like a fountain, drenching our walls, laundry bin and floors. This discovery was made while I was composing this post. Yes, I was attempting to wash diapers.

So. Tomorrow we will walk down to the local hardware store and a get a bucket. I'll transfer the saturated diapers into said bucket and haul them down the street to Mom's house. Thanks Mom!

I don't know when the pipe will thaw. Tonight is supposed to be the coldest night of the week at 17 degrees. I don't think we're expecting night time temps to go above 2o the whole week.

We'll make it work, somehow. I'm determined.

1 comment:

  1. Stick to it! Can you sew? Email me and I can help you out with some sewing tips for covers!

    ReplyDelete