Friday, February 5, 2010

I got crafty!

I've been in a funk off and on for a while now. Nothing puts me in a better mood than working with my hands. After last nights cloth diaper fail (no fun in the family bed), I decided to try something different. I had been using two flat diapers folded together inside a fleece wrap. After reading a thread on nighttime CDing over at GCM, I decided to try and covert one of my size medium prefolds to a fitted diaper. Using instructions found on the net, I got to work. While I was sewing, Mom showed up with my laundry. In the laundry basket was a treasure--a 100% lambswool turtleneck sweater. I began the felting process in our washing machine, and it finished up in my Mom's dryer. I dug it out of the basket, and an hour later, I had a pair of wool longies, that could quite easily be converted to overalls.

I based my pattern on the one found over at indietutes. I had read over the tute a couple of times, so when I got the sweater in hand I just started winging it. I got the idea to remove the turtle neck portion, and attach it at the waist to create an extended waistband. It's tall enough, that all I have to do is attach straps and I'll have overalls.


I might give these a go tonight, even though they haven't been lanolized. These will go over the new fitted diaper (formerly prefold) and a couple of hemp soakers. Maybe an infant prefold too. We shall see.

And while I'm showing off, here's the dress I made for Fidget last week. I used one of the shirts she got from Nana, and a piece of fabric I bought with the intentions of making a doll dress.


I feel...accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment