Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sickness and grief.

We missed church today because the little man is sick.  An cold, I'm pretty sure, but his asthma has really been bugging him.  I gave him an albuterol treatment as prescribed by his doctor, but it actually made it worse.  About 10 minutes after the treatment the area around his mouth turned blue and he started shivering. The lips themselves were not blue, and his fingernail were pink, so I decided to wait and see what would happen.  He's sleeping right now, and his respiration rate is slowing down.  I found an online stopwatch that would help tremendously with that, because we don't have any analog clocks in the house.  I'm going to keep an eye on him through the night.  If he doesn't get any better I'm going to call the nurse and see what she says.  

So today has been a pretty lazy day. I mailed out cards Friday for two swaps, and I have two more swaps on the schedule, but I've been pretty unmotivated. The shooting at Sandy Hook has just broken my heart.  My prayers and sympathies are extended to the families who's lives have been touched by this tragedy.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.  May God be with you as you move through the days ahead.

For anyone dealing with the loss of a child, grandchild or sibling, an organization I highly recommend is The Compassionate Friends Network.  There are 640 chapters in the United States.  There's probably one near you.  They also have online resources and a facebook page.  The Compassionate Friends Network has been  invaluable to me as I deal with the loss of my brother.  Grief is hard.  Don't try to face it alone.  

Peace
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment