Thursday, December 13, 2012

Viva Las Vegas Stamps is an Angel company!

This is happy news!

I found Viva Las Vegas Stamps a few months ago when I went in search of a Mona Lisa stamp for a ATC swap I had joined over at AFA. VLVS has a huge collection of stamps.  Hundreds, if not thousands.  Searching their site I found that they offer several Mona's to choose from AND the Patron stylized bee stamp. I decided to purchase my stamps from them.

Let me say that I am not a stamper.  Well, I wasn't.  I purchased Mona because I needed her specific image,   and, not having a printer I needed a way to quickly reproduce her image.  Otherwise, all the stamps I own have been novelties. Not anything I needed, but little images that I liked.  A soccer ball, a cute strawberry, my name...things like that.  Then I began learning about mixed media collage.  I read articles, watched videos, studied art works and was amazed by what one could do with a stamped image.  So I've been increasing my stamp supply, which led me back to VLVS.

In the works is a series of postcards inspired by my hometown.  It's a tiny place with very little culture.  There's not a lot here for an artist.  I'm hoping I can help with that.  More on that later.  My hometown is a railroad town--built by and for the railroad.  So I went looking for railroad stamps.  VLVS has them!  I also bought a steampunk alphabet and number set because the style fits.

After purchasing my stamps, I wondered, could I use them to produce postcards to sell?  On their blog, I found a link to another blog: Stamp Out Stamp Theft.  This site is awesome because it helps get the word out about stamp theft and tells you how to avoid becoming a thief.  They recommend contacting a company and asking for specifics about their angel policy.  So I sent an email to DeeDee over at VLVS and she said:


"... yes, you can in fact sell items that have been stamped with our images. You cannot stamp, scan it in and print it out.. but as long as you hand stamp each one, feel free to sell them :)"


Now you know. So Yay!  Happy stamping to me, and happy stamping to you!

Peace, 
Shawn

P.S. What is your favorite use for stamps?  Do you have a favorite stamp?


No comments:

Post a Comment